Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Working Man


I have a great deal of respect for the Haitian farmers.  They work to the bone to provide for their families.  So many mornings I'm struck by their silhouettes against the rice fields, but every time I stop to snap a shot, they put down their hoes.  Every single time they turn to look at me, thinking maybe I need help, maybe I'm lost, who knows.  It's apparently quite the conundrum to see a Blanc out on these back roads, all by himself, and even more so when he comes to a stop for no good reason.  

I entered the contest for the Google Glass glasses, but I entered after they'd already selected the winners.  I thought maybe they'd still give me a shot.  I've always thought if I had a pair of glasses like that I could really tell a story like never before.  I guess it's just not meant to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment