Thursday, November 14, 2013

Li Pa Gen Limit (He Has No Limit)


Today we ventured deeper and farther into the mountains of Haiti than ever before. The river was crystal clear and cold, and fold after fold of steep ravines jutted up towards the sky on either side. The second tallest peak in Haiti loomed before us, the grand Pic Macaya. We plunged through a river and finally reached our destination just where the road became too difficult. Still, there were small goat trails snaking up into yet deeper country. I know behind them and over the next ridge is yet another village, but I'm always surprised to come through the jungle and what seems like no-man's land, only to pop into a village that looks like it's been there for a thousand years, and a church nestled into the bedrock of some sleepy corner. I dare to wonder if I will ever find the limits, if I ever won't be amazed at what stretches out before me, but even I know Haiti has it's end. That which seems so vast and timeless, comes at some point to the sand and then drifts off to sleep in that deep blue ocean once more...

My God has no limit. I will never find His end. I will never cease to be amazed by Him. I find a peace there. At the end of me, still He is there.
'Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor? Who has ever given to God, that God should repay them? For from him and through him and for him are all things.To him be the glory forever! Amen.' ~Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment