Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The End of the World


Haiti is a country of superstition, but I think the whole world is swept up with this one.
12.21.12
The End?

I've been asked this question by several Haitians in recent days...
Some are light-hearted, some are gravely serious.
All are actually interested to know if I might have any insight to the rumors.

Well...  Yes.
There were these people called the Maya that lived a very long time ago.
They were very, very good at tracking the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars.  And they were very big on accuracy.
And Yes.
Their calendar ends on 12.21.12.

Here's what I know:

The 21st will come, and if God wants, we'll wrap this old Earth up and put a bow on it.
And if God doesn't want, why, the 21st will just come...and go.

Maybe you'll be here.  Maybe you won't.  

I always ask them what they plan to do the day before.  Some laugh, some haven't actually thought about it.  Some tell me right away they'll be partying all night long.
Then they ask me what I'm going to be doing.

I smile, because I've been waiting for it.  :)
"I'm going to take these happy little seedlings and I'm going to plant my garden.
Either way.  God knows everything." 

The real question isn't whether it all ends or keeps spinning like a top.  The real question is what happens when YOU end.   Do you know where you're going, who you'll be meeting?
I have a date, and I don't care about any other.




No comments:

Post a Comment