Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Stones of Dust



This sums up the desire of my enemy, to take everything I've ever done wrong, every failure, every sin, every fall, and  put it into concrete, stone by stone, until there is this impenetrable wall between me and my God.  It is cold, unforgiving, hard and dark, as the remembrance of each wrong passes with time and sets just a bit more in the drying concrete.  The more time that passes, the harder the wall, the greater the obstacle, the weaker my will, the sweeter his victory over me.   All that would seem to remain are suffocating chains and a soft surrender...

But then this is the desire of my Savior, written in this book in case I need to remember...
"He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.  For as high as the heavens are above the earth,  so great is His love for those who fear Him;  as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions  from us.  As a father has compassion  on his children,  so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him" (Psalm 103)

Oh that I might remember...these stones, so dark, so cold, stacked so high upon my heart and smothering to my soul, they are but dust upon dust...
and my enemy is nothing more than a masterful magician, pulling age-old puppet strings that have long ago been severed, this illusion is his craft, this toying is his spite, and this soul conquered would he most desire to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment