Sunday, July 31, 2011

This is my Father's World!

But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus. Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Peter and stayed with him fifteen days. I saw none of the other apostles—only James, the Lord’s brother. I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie. - Paul.

I found my dad's old bible during the moving sale. Forgot I ever had it, but when I left home at 18, I took that book with me. In the front I'd scratched in the date that, best I could remember, I walked down the aisle to an elder in the church and gave my life to the Lord. It says 10/ /83. I remembered that when I wrote it I was completely guessing, wasn't even sure of the exact date. Today I can say with absolute certainty that in the 28 years since I have lived for myself and not for the Lord. I've read the bible through and through, sat through thousands of church sermons, heaped on bible studies, prayer groups, men's breakfasts, and Sunday schools to where by now, if you poked me, it ought to come out my ears and ever other orifice of my wretched body.

I'm done talking about going. He's been patiently waiting with me for 28 years to make due on my words. I am His. I am not my own. I gave my life to Him. He called. I am going.
The Kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but Power. There comes a point when words are about as useful as toilet paper and it's time to start braiding a whip. Paul talks about that. Jesus actually did it. This world is full of professing Christians doing nothing more than setting up shop in His house, making a mockery of His life and His call.

If He can still choose to use a sinner like me, then I am in His service, in His army, and if I sit through one more bible study where we all talk about being men, Lord help me if I don't puke.
I do not need to be trained any further to follow what Christ has called me to. I am completed in Him, by Him, through Him. Paul said he determined to know nothing more than Jesus Christ and Him crucified. Imagine that! A Harvard grad, top of the class, pedigree of a man, casting aside every credential ever pinned to his name.... I consider it all as loss for His sake, he said.

I know where I need to be, how I need to be preparing, and who I need to be talking to on a daily basis. I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.

My ticket is bought. Come September it's Haiti or bust!

This is my Father's world! Why should my heart be sad?
The Lord is King! Let the Heaven's Ring!
God Reigns! Let the Earth be Glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment