Saturday, April 30, 2011

300,000

There are 300,000 slaves today in Haiti.  The majority are young girls, and the majority are sexually abused. They call them restaveks.
They have no rights. 
If they are lucky they get to sleep on the floor.
If there's food left over, they might be able to eat.
If it's a good day, there won't be a beating.
They consider themselves to be 'less-than'.   It's something they come to believe over time.

300,000 boys and girls living this way, today.
only one of them do I know.
Just one. 

The bible says that children are a blessing.  They are a treasure.
They are precious in His eyes.
They even have special angels assigned to them,
who get to report directly to God.
If my bible says that, maybe I should get as many bibles as I can
and give them away?
Maybe I should help them read these words?  
My bibles says much more than that,
but don't you think that would be a great place to start?

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven
 their angels always see the face of my Father 
who is in heaven." ~Jesus





“Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, 
but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, 
it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck 
and to be drowned in the depth of the sea." ~Jesus


No comments:

Post a Comment